Monday, March 17, 2008

The Return

So I haven't posted a blogs in a while, but St. Patrick's Day seems as good a time as any to resume my bloggeration. Not really to much to report on my life, I've been pretty boring. However, I did go to the mall today and in addition to finding a sweet St. Patty's Day shirt, I also found a couple things to add to my "hate list." For starters, I hate Hannah Montana, I really don't have a good reason and I don't need one. I just plain hate her. I hate everything that she is, has, or ever will stand for. She is everything that is wrong with Amer.... Nay, the world!!! The second thing to add to my list is parents who keep their kids on leashes. That is just plain wrong on so many levels. First, are you afraid that your kid is going to run away? The kid is one year old, he has legs that are only about a foot long!! Maybe I should give you a pass on this one, you're probably too fat to chase the kid for more than two feet anyway. Second, why not just hold your child's hand? Are you that adverse to physical contact with another human being? Even your own offspring? And don't give me any of that "Oh I don't know where that hand's been" bullshit. You're the kid's parent!! It's your job to know where that hand's been! And thirdly, a leash is just plain insulting to the kid. I know that this last part may seem a little off. I mean, how many ways are there that can make a toddler feel bad about itself. Let's count, there's not getting cookies, getting told "no," and leashes.... Am I forgetting anything? I didn't think so. You just better hope beyond hope that no one ever takes his picture while he is leashed, and if said picture already exists, you better hope none of his friends ever see it. Why might you ask? Have you ever met High Schoolers? His friends won't be his friends anymore! He'll just be a lonely, lonely bastard for the rest of his life. And why? All because you thought it necessary to leash the poor kid like a common mutt. Good job parent, I hope your child meets someone that can put his life on track, because that someone is definately not you.

'Til next time!!!

No comments: