Sunday, March 30, 2008

Seriously, who blogs anymore?

I do. I've been trying to figure out stuff in my life for the past few weeks, and the only conclusion that I've come to is that I don't know how I feel about anything anymore. For example, I don't know what to think about my family anymore. I grew up being taught that family was the most important thing in the world. I was taught that you were supposed to drop everything if it meant being there for your family, no matter what. And i believed all of that. For most of my life I considered my family to be the most important thing to me, bar none. Now I'm not so sure. My mom never listens to me. This isn't the winy teenager "Oh my parents just don't understand me" kind of not listening. This is the "Wow, my mom doesn't listen to a word I say" kind of not listening. Every time I try to talk to her she just starts lecturing me anymore, and I hate it more than anything. How do I know that she doesn't listen to me? Because whenever I have a problem, instead of asking me how she could help, or just give me some words of encouragement, she just tells me how someone in my family had it worse than me. I'm pretty much tired of hearing about that. I've heard every story, every anecdote, every situation that anyone in my family has ever been in and how their situation was so much worse than mine. Yeah, that helps me feel better, mom. You always know just what to say. Now I'm starting to have issues with my dad. Now, my parents are divorced and that has really put a damper on me and my dad's relationship. We were never really that close to begin with, but I always looked up to him. However, now that he has gotten past his divorce, he tries to be my friend instead of my dad. The thing is, I really need to him to be my dad. I'm going through a rough part in my life right now and him trying to be my friend doesn't really help me. I seriously hate it because he always seems to want to tell me about his hookups and drama with women. That something that I never want to hear about from my dad. It really makes me not want to talk to him. After my parents though, its my little brother. Now I really don't have any problems with my little brother. My little brother joined the Marine Corps which has been really hard on me. He's one of the few people that I really trust completely. Its hard having him gone. When my mom and dad were going through all their divorce bullshit, all i really had was my little brother. We used to fight a lot, but after I went to college, me and him got really close. Now, I really don't think that I really trust anyone more than I trust him. I don't get to talk to him much anymore, and it hurts me everyday. Pretty soon he's gonna get shipped over seas and I won't be able to talk to him much at all. I'm really worried about it. I know there's nothing I can do for him, but I'm just not sure how I'm gonna be able to handle it. I really need him, and with the little I talk to him now, its hard enough. I really can't wait until he comes home.

2 comments:

Eric Spatt said...

I also blog. I swear it.

Keighdee said...

i know this is very late, but in response to your last blog, eric and i are there for you. you can tell us anything. and for this blog, that really sucks. i wish there was anything i could do for you besides listen.