Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Let's Start the Ruination

This is the first time that I've ever really blogged, so why not start it off with a rant. In this rant I'll tell a little about myself, I guess.

First off, lets start with the things that I just cannot stand.
  • First off, I can't stand artsy people that think that they're better than everyone else just because they listen to some Indie band that no one else has heard of and have serious opinions about poetry. I don't care that you wrote a Haiku describing the reasons why The Glockenspiel Bolluuns are the best band that nobody has ever heard of. Seriously, no one cares. Now don't get me wrong, I don't hate people that listen to Indie bands, I have a couple that I enjoy, or like poetry. I just hate the people that think that they're better than me because of it, which seems to be the majority of them.
  • I also hate people that non conform just to say that they non conform. You people are not individuals. You are still sheep, you just follow the less popular shepherd. These are the people that will wait for someone in a conversation to say that they support a popular decision in government, then go off on a rant about how much they hate it. The problem is that they don't give any real reason why they're against it. These are the kinds of people that vote for Nader.
  • I hate spiders
  • I hate passive aggressive people. If you have an issue with me just say something to me, I really won't be as upset as you might think. Don't worry, I'll return the favor whether that is good or bad. I just hate it when people won't say something even a tiny bit negative to me just because they're afraid of hurting my feelings. Then they just hold things in until they grow into something huge and just ruin everything. I would rather be a little upset and work through things then let something go to shit just because everyone was afraid to talk.
  • I hate it when people won't stand up for themselves. I admit, this can be one of my major weaknesses sometimes, but I'm trying to work through it.
  • I really hate people who are pretentious about their music. I know this ties in with the first point that I made, but it really pisses me off. It doesn't matter to me what kind of music that you like, I really don't care, but just know that just because you like it doesn't mean that everything other than what you listen to sucks. It just means that everything that you don't listen to is music that you don't listen to for whatever reason. All I care about really is listening to music that the listener enjoys. There's something good and bad about every genre out there. Just because you don't like a certain type of music doesn't make it bad music.
Well, I got some of the negative out of the way, there's more, but these are the major things. I guess its now time for some things that I like.
  • I like snow. I admit it, I've always liked snow. I like summer, but I absolutely love snow. I think that it looks good. I don't have a really have a reason other than that.
  • I like it when people are there for me when I don't have to ask them. Seriously, there is nothing in the world that makes me feel better than that. If you've ever been there for me, I swear I'll never forget it and I'll be very grateful. People that are there for me are the only people that I really trust. Being there for me can range from just listening to me rant about how much I hate everything to just sitting there with me so I'm not alone. I know, that last one sounds sappy, but anyone that's really been upset knows how much it means to have a friend to be there for them.
  • Kind of like my second point, I like it when people come to me for help. It makes me feel needed, and I really do like helping people. I've been told that I invest myself too much into other people's problems. Maybe I do, but I really can't help it. I don't know if that is a good or bad quality, its been both for me. Maybe its because I feel a little honored when someone shows that they trust me enough to tell me their problems and want my help. Its weird, I know, but its still something that makes me feel good.
  • I like dogs (there had to be something to counterbalance the spiders).
  • I also like IHOP, its pretty much the best place ever. I'm pretty sure I want to live there.
Well, that's it for this round, I don't know when I'll be back on, but maybe I'll be able to do more than just sit around and talk about myself.

2 comments:

Keighdee said...

i like dogs too. you should visit my blog (though most of the posts are directed to our friends in fort wayne because they all have blogs that are linked to ours) keighdee-thecollection.blogspot.com.

Anonymous said...

you seem nice :)